108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storage Manager Agent Fails to Install

SOLVED
Go to solution
IS Support_3
Occasional Contributor

Storage Manager Agent Fails to Install

I'm trying to install the Storage Manager Agent onto Windows 2003 64-bit. The install fails. When I try and run the individual installers, I get messages that I must obtain the 64-bit versions of the software.

Where can I do so? I've Googled and searched HPs site but no luck.

Our AIO Storage Server is 32 bit, however one of the client machines is 64.

Thanks

Andrew
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Re: Storage Manager Agent Fails to Install

Andrew,
You did not mention in your question, so I have to ask: Have you installed (or using) AiO Update v1.2.0 which provides 64-bit support?

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26860.html
IS Support_3
Occasional Contributor

Keith,

Thanks for your response.

I have downloaded and applied the AiO update you referenced, and while I assume it is installed/in use, I can't figure out how to confirm that. Help/About HP Storage Management states version 1.1.14.

The instructions I have tell me to install the Agent from the HP StorageWorks AiO Storage System recovery DVD. Where will the updated agent be found after applying the update?

Thanks again.

Andrew

Keith_112
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Andrew,
It should be 1.1.16 after downloading the AiO Update v1.2.0 and installing it on the HP StorageWorks All-in-One Storage System (not your 64-bit application server).

After you install AiO v1.2.0, locate the c:\hpnas\Components\All-in-One Storage Manager\AGENT folder on the AiO system. You want to copy the ASMAgentInstaller.exe file which has been updated in v1.2.0 to support 64-bit and run it on your 64-bit application server. The modified file date of the ASMAgentInstaller.exe file for AiO Update v1.2.0 is 3/30/2007.

Hope this helps.
IS Support_3
Occasional Contributor

Keith,

That's what I needed. Thank you.

Andrew