1752800 Members
5725 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage Mirroring Assistance, shares not failing over

CA1056576
Occasional Contributor

Storage Mirroring Assistance, shares not failing over

I am having trouble with Storgeworks Storage Mirroring. I have two servers setup and the mirroring is working I can see the files being transferred from the source to the target. When failover occurs, the ip address is added to the target as expected. What is not happening, is that the shares are not failing over.

When I log in as a user with a roaming profile and homedirectory after a failover, I receive a message about the roaming profile not being located and logs in with a temp profile. I notice that none of the network drives are established and I can not make the connections manually. The errors imply that the hostname can not be found.

Any Ideas on what I have missed?

Thanks.

Don Jones
3 REPLIES 3
John Murray_8

I presume you have resolved this already, but if not, are the folders shared at all? Check in Computer Management. The problem is is either that they are not shared, or that they cannot be accessed by the clients.

Also, make sure your source server is not an MS Cluster node. Clustered file shares cannot be failed over to the target. You must add the creation of MSCS file shares to your failover scripts instead.
ShayneGreen

Don, did you ever get this resolved? I am currently having the same problem and so was wondering if you had any resolution tips.

Thanks

Shayne
Pascal Moens

If this is not solved yet, please be sure that you checked the "failover shares" and that the .SHR file is requested. The .SHR files is needed so the target server knows who has access to what, and what is shared.