StoreEasy Storage

Storage Mirroring

CA1061616

Storage Mirroring

Hi

Have recently installed and registered this producted (installed on 2 NAS1000s setup as master slave) After speaking to HP sales guy he advised that i just need one activation code for this product, however i have now registered both copies under the same activation code and am now receiving tons of errors saying activation code violation, this is filling the application logs on both servers with warnings, Any ideas how to stop this error occuring?
3 REPLIES 3
CA1127959

Re: Storage Mirroring

You cannot have the same activation code on two servers (NAS box). This violates your licensing agreement, and will do exactly what you are seeing.

You need to buy another license and tell your HP rep to pay for it since he misled you.
CA1061616

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, just out of curiosity can you confirm if the product will run with just one activation code, let me try and explain a little better. At present even though there is an activation code conflict the product seems to be mirroring quite happily, however in my exciting to enter the code on both boxes I did not notice if the product would have worked with only the master been activated. Any ideas?

Regards

Justin
CA1127959

As far as I know, it will work with a single activation code - but even if you purchased two copies, it is a violation of the license agreement; hence, the error messages.

I would work with HP to correct the issue, and get you a new code - then enter that new code on the "slave" system. The larger issue, too, is that in the event that you have any issues in the future, it will be next to impossible to get any type of support with only a single license key.