4653 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StorageWorks All-in-One. Root element is missing

Daniel A
Advisor

StorageWorks All-in-One. Root element is missing

Hi!

I have a StorageWorks All-in-One 1200 and I am trying to use the wizards to create a Host an Exchange Storage Group, Share Folder, Host a SQL Server Database, Host a User-Defined Application and Virtual Library. But when I clic on Finish I have the following message in all Wizards:

"Root element is missing."

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards
4 REPLIES 4
David Straw
Valued Contributor

This looks like an XML error. It's possible that either your configuration file (hpkas-config.xml) or state file (hpkas-state.xml) is corrupt, though I'm not sure what would cause that. Is there any more information in your Event Log?
MWU-ChuckT

Hi.

I have the same problem with my AIO 1200. Trying to "Host a User-Defined Application" for an iSCSI LUN. The wizard goes to the end and bombs with "Root Element Missing". I have attempted to view the hpkas-state.xml file, but am not able to in Internet Explorer or notepad. The file appears to be corrupt? Also the application log revealed the following errors: Error loading iSCSI network state, Error loading iSCSI preferred network setting, Error saving iSCSI network state, Error loading job history - Resetting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
David Straw
Valued Contributor

If you can't read the state file in notepad, then I would think that ASM can't read it either.

You could try renaming the state file so that ASM will recreate it. Most information can be rediscovered, but you will lose your snapshot schedules and lists of previous snapshots. Though if ASM can't read the file anyway, you shouldn't be in any worse of a state.

If you post your state file here it might help us get to the root cause of the issue. Note that the state file may contain some IP addresses/hostnames and application component names.
MWU-ChuckT

Thank you! Renaming the hpkas-state.xml file worked! The wizard now completes successfully. The window that displays the individual steps did not pop up, but everything was created. I will take a closer look at that shortly. Just wanted to post this right away because I am so happy that this is working.

I am attaching the apparently corrupted file and have named it hpkas-state.xml.bad.

Thanks!