StoreEasy Storage
1752815 Members
6308 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

StorageWorks Storage Mirroring performance issue

CA1061180

StorageWorks Storage Mirroring performance issue

I have two HP DL585 G2 servers with a 1GB dedicated link between them and have a repset setup to mirror from server A to Server B. For the life of me, I cannot get the performance of the mirror to exceed 1% of network utilization or 5% of CPU. I've got a 20 TB disk to mirror so I've tried it with a single rep set and as many as 35 rep sets running simultaneously. I've tried a single source and destination IP address and many IP's. The most throughput I seem to get is 1 to 3 GB per hour of mirroring. I seem to get much better replication thruput than mirror thruput. I am creating the original mirror so the throughput should be substantial and constant should it not?. The systems are doing nothing else but mirroring during this test. If i drag and drop or use xcopy between the two systems, I'm able to run the throughput up to 50% network utilization and I get almost 10 times the GB/hour than i do with mirroring the same data. Any ides on how to crank this software up so that it leverages the high power of these servers and the bandwidth provided by the dedicated Gb link? I've twekaed just about every GUI setting and have tried many of the CLI commands to change the chunk size , etc. no change. Anybody out there know this software pretty well?
2 REPLIES 2
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: StorageWorks Storage Mirroring performance issue

hello
what is the version of Storage mirroring ?
how can you configure it expecially were
are located SM queue how can you configure
bandwith etc ??
JYP
CA1061180

Re: StorageWorks Storage Mirroring performance issue

I am using 4.5.0.1653 of SW SM.

i don't nderstand the latter part of your question. If you are asking where the queue is stored, I am using a secondary set of disks on a seperate SCSI bus for the queue. However, the system seldom queues to disk. In fact, it goes days without a single byte queuing to disk 9according to the statistics.