StoreEasy Storage

Storageworks Storage Mirroring Memory Exhausted

Mark Brand
Advisor

Storageworks Storage Mirroring Memory Exhausted

I have two AIO600's replicating across a dedicated T1. I keep receiving a DblHook Event ID 8195 Kernel Memory was exhausted. Replication stops and then starts back up automatically, but then it returns to a 0.0% mirror and starts all over again. Performance on the AIO doesn't seem to suffer, so I'm wondering if anyone else has run up against this. The AIO has 4 GB and running Storage Mirroring 4.5.

The only thing I've found is when there's an Exchange Info Stor on the AIO and to get rid of the /3gb switch, but I don't have the /3gb switch in my startup. Oh, it's Windows Storage System 2003 operating system.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Brand
Advisor

Re: Storageworks Storage Mirroring Memory Exhausted

Forgot to tack on I don't have Exchange hosted on the AIO. About 500 GB of user shares and one 2 GB SQL databaase.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

hi
you need to tune deeply Storage Mirroring
also do you have any others filters drivers installed that can be root cause of this issue (antivirus or quota application)
JYP
roberttco
Frequent Advisor

Hello, I am sorry that you are having trouble with Storage Mirroring. I have not personally experienced the problem you have encountered. The SWSM users guide indicates that you need to contact Technical Support for the resource errors that you are seeing. The description of the error is this:

Failed to create file close queue. The last
Word in the Data Window is the NT
status code.

Please post the status code if possible to this forum. The event logs may have pertinent information also.

I do not beleive that the /3gb switch would make any difference. In the interim, you may want to enable the block checksum feature for the re-mirror (if disabled) as it will take a lot less time to get the source and target re-synched. Also check the queue sizes in the server properties dialog. Finally, you may want to display the message window to get more information. Click on the server that is experienceing the problem (the source I assume) then select Monitor->New Message Window in the management console.
Please considder assigning points if you value my assistance.