1753515 Members
5353 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storageworks StorageMirroring AIO 1200

Jonathan Haase
Advisor

I will make those changes and let you know... Since those changes will require a reboot in order to take effect, and I cannot reboot the main source storage server during business hours, I likely will not know anything until some time next week.

Also just another note, pointing again towards some incompatibility between doubletake and DPM, when I re-enabled and restarted the DPM services so that my backups were happening again, within 10 seconds the StorageMirroring service crashed with a DMP file again.

It's actually quite disappointing to find that DPM and Doubletake are now "Not recommended to run together" as when we put this solution in place for our client a little less that two years ago it was at the recommendation of HP who specifically recommended the DPM and Storage Mirroring combination.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

which version of DPM are you running ?
did you install latest fixes on DPM
i agree it do not crash at all
JYP
Jonathan Haase
Advisor

We are running the latest version for DPM 2007 SP1 with the latest available hotfixes.
Jonathan Haase
Advisor

I should add that I don't necessarily know that it's specifically DPM that is causing it. It seems like the times that I've seen it just completely crash has been when DPM initiates a synchronize with a server, and so the replication queue within the storage mirroring suddenly grows by a large amount due to the amount of changes in the newly synchronized data. So I don't know that it's necessarily DPM, so much as it is a symptom caused by specifically how DPM handles replicating the data from the servers it is backing up.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

ok the best way is to open a case to HP in US in order to have a fix for SM crashs
regarding tuning issue , let me know if tips
help
JYP
Fred Glomb

Sorry to hear about the repliation issue. I know that this may not be th eend all answers, but HP (full disclosure here, we are an IT consulting firm in Michigan) has a product you can migrate /trade in ; called HP lefthandnetworks (old name). We have used it to resolve site to site replication with AIO units.

Fred Glomb