StoreEasy Storage
1748150 Members
3495 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2003 Shadow Copies

CA1339840

Windows 2003 Shadow Copies

I have a 1200s NAS and want to be able to rollback versions of files stored on the machine. Usually there is a previous tab on the properties of the file. As it was not there I thought you may need to download the shadow copy client but trying to install this says it is already loaded and asks me to uninstall. Has any come accross this or have any ideas. The reason for doing this is that I want the administrator to rollback files not the users on the client machines.

Thanks for any help in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
BR764657
Advisor

Re: Windows 2003 Shadow Copies

This is a feature of win 2003 SP1 so needs to be installed using the service release from HP (do not do it any other way).. Then you have to set up shadow coopies right click on the drive and choose peoperties hen use the shadow copies tab. Once done you can only view the shadow copies tab for a file via a mapped network drive on hte server not by going directly to the file on the server itself.

Hope this helps
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows 2003 Shadow Copies

Hi Mark,

Please note, the "previous tab" only shows up when accessing the files from a network share. If you access the files locally the "previous tab" will not be shown. You can use the local system to do the rollback by mounting the share locally.
Not sure on this but you may have to keep your clients from installing the VSS client to keep them from accessing previous versions.