StoreEasy Storage
1748123 Members
3326 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: aio 600 storage system management

Mario Domingo

aio 600 storage system management

In the storage system management, when I try to open the storage view, in the middle a partition show me "Discovery Failed".
If I see the aplication logs in the event viewer, always repeats the same event.
Failure2 From DirQuotaManager:Fail to discover directory quotas.
5 REPLIES 5
roberttco
Frequent Advisor

Hello Mario,

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your AiO. Could you please describe a compue things for me ? First, how many individual quotas do you have on the system ? In the HP All-in-One Storage System Management console, select Storage Management->File Server Resource Manager->Quota Management->Quotas. Second, what AIO service release are you using ? The latest is 1.20A (but dont update to see if it fixes it as that may just cloud the problem.)

Thanks
Robert
Please considder assigning points if you value my assistance.
Mario Domingo

In that directory I dont't have any quotas, It's empty. I'm using the Hp storage management 1.1.16. last week I make the download the 1.2.0 update and after apply the update, the version of the storage management It's the same (1.1.16). I'm doing something wrong??
MalcO

Hi we have a similar problem generating the following error messages in the application event log every hour.

~~~ DISCOVERY: Failure 1 from StorageManager: VdsHwProvider->Refresh() failed (0x800706ba)

~~~ DISCOVERY: Failure 2 from FileManager: Failed to discover File shares.

~~~ DISCOVERY: Failure 3 from DirQuotaManager: Failed to discover directory quotas.

These errors started after we added an external disk array connected via a Smart Array P800 raid controller. The problem seems to be that the disk the AIO storage manager shows as disk 0 is shown in disk management as disk 2. All other disks are also incorrectly numbered, any ideas? I've stopped the errors for now by stopping the AIO Storage Manager Server.
Mario Domingo

1. Stop the HP All-in-One Storage manager (ASM) Server service.

2. Rename these two files:

o hpkas-sandbox.bin

o hpkas-jobhistory.bin

3. Restart the HP ASM server service
MalcO

Perfect that solved it, many thanks.