StoreEasy Storage

aio600 can not restore image

Ruslan Afanasyev

aio600 can not restore image

Hello folks! Our company bought aio600 as a network data storage. After some days the NAS has got a malfunction of the operation system (w2k3 r2). It could not startup anything. We tried restore system from DVD but every time we have got same error message: "An error occurred while restoring the factory image. failed to copy image file to G:\". What can we do to restore our NAS? Thanks for your advice.
PS: Prod.ID AG543A
3 REPLIES 3
Ruslan Afanasyev

Re: aio600 can not restore image

Hmm... another error which we got too. It is like to:
"Ghost has detected corruption in the image file..."
I am very wonder with that case. Is a solution here?
roberttco
Frequent Advisor

Hello, I am sorry that you are having this problem. It sounds like disk corruption. Did you suffer a power failure lately ? Did you have drive write caching turned on ? If drive write caching is turned on be sure to use a UPS as the drive cache is not protected by the array controller battery.

To restore your system, you will need to delete the logical drives on your system by pressing F8 when prompted by the E200 controller.

NOTE: following the instructions below will destroy all data on the disks. Make sure you have a backup of the data that you want to keep before proceeding.

When you are in the E200 controller UI, select 'delete logical drive'. You have to delete logical drives from the last one first (e.g. you can not delete a specific logical drive). Continue to remove each logical drive until they have all been removed. When you exit the E200 UI you may be prompted to reboot your system. Reboot the system and watch the E200 BIOS configuration. When prompted press to continue without creating new logical disks. From this point on, continue booting from the quick restore media and you should be back in business. After your system is restored, restore your data.
Please considder assigning points if you value my assistance.
roberttco
Frequent Advisor

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE MY PREVIOUS POST

Sorry, I did not intend to reply before adding this section.

You can first attempt to boot your system normally. If you can, then using disk manager, format the 'DON'T ERASE' partition as NTFS and then reboot using the quick restore media. This will allow you to keep your data (the quick restore won't touch any logical disks except the OS and the DON'T ERASE logical disks.
Please considder assigning points if you value my assistance.