1752742 Members
5244 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem with HP Mediavault

Florian Zores

problem with HP Mediavault

Hello everybody.
Since this afternoon, my Mediavault seems to be broken; When I switch it on, only the blue light of the power button is lightning, but no the two green ones. An d I can only turn the media vault off by pulling out the electic plug

Is the hard drive broken, I hope no. What can I do
5 REPLIES 5
Colin Hayes

Ive just had the same problem hopefully some one will answer and offer us both som help.
Andy Bones

I also have the same problem. It seems to be an issue. It just stopped working. Anyone found out what the problem is?
Florian Zores

In fact, the motherboard was the problem. It has been changed by HP for free thanks to the garanty. I have lost no data.
Colin Hayes

I had backups of my data so i took out the two hard drives and installed them in my pc then i took my mediavault out side, selected the biggest hammer i could find and smashed it to pieces along with my D-link and netgear boxes.Then i asked my friends to hit me if i ever went to buy another network drive enclosure. They are all useless and will all eventually fail.
Andy Bones

Thanks for your replies. I'll bear both your points in mind. I've only had it for 2 months, so a)It's still in warranty b) It's failed appallingly early, which begs questions about build quality.