StoreEver Tape Storage
1753781 Members
7891 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

1/8 Autolader - AF204A not reading Barcodes and Unresponsive

Greg Frassmann

1/8 Autolader - AF204A not reading Barcodes and Unresponsive

I have 2 AF204A units attached to a Adaptec 39160 dual channel card I have tried them daisy chained and seperate confirmed the LVD/SE cable and Terminators are correct types and problems dont seem to follow the cables I have even used a different card in another server. We use veritas netbackup 5.1 MP5.

The server OS is windows 2003 Server SP1

I have disabled removable storage manager and even tried to force the system to use the HP dirvers rather than the Netbackup drivers. The drives detect but will not load tapes or read barcodes we just recieved the labels from HP PN 1700-003. Any suggestions on directions would be greatily appreciated. I came into this after it had laready been being worked on for a while. The best I can find out these drives have not worked since they were recieved.

5 REPLIES 5
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: 1/8 Autolader - AF204A not reading Barcodes and Unresponsive

What errors are you getting? This device does not have a bar code reader.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Greg Frassmann

I just found that in another response in this forum.

Typically it will only inventory 4-6 tapes in the system. It will only use the drive one time then we have to reset the drive and the server to access it again. The drive itself dose not indicate any errors. The backup software will indicate the robot is offline.
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

download Library and Tape tools from here, make sure the firmware is current. Disable RSM and backup services before running LTT.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169
Greg Frassmann

I am downloading these now I will try the firmware update first tomorrow. The backups to disk are running now and I cant stop them. Is the firmware tool in the LTT tools set? Are there any doc on that tool. I am at the end of my day here in Germany so I will look for responses in the morning.
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Greg, the firmware update tool is built into LTT. Just click 0n "function" and Firmware update and follow the bouncing ball