StoreEver Tape Storage
1748185 Members
4303 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1/8 G2 autoloader - Invalid Cartridge?

Daniel Persson

1/8 G2 autoloader - Invalid Cartridge?

Hi

Just installed my first autoloader, but I cant seem to get it up and running. The attention led is on, and i have an error message saying "invalid cartridge" but according to the matrix the cartridges loaded in the autoloader should work just fine (C7973W worm catrtidges)

I have tried to read all manuals available, but im stuck at the moment and really need some help if possible!

Regards
//Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi Daniel:

Do you have barcode labels on the tape cartridges?

Are the tape cartridges loaded into the Autoloader slots upside down?

Where are you seeing the message "invalid cartridge"? On the Autoloader front panel or from the backup software?
Daniel Persson

Hi again

Yes, there are barcode labels

No, the cartridges are not loaded upside down, we tried to flip them over but they only fit in one position into the slot.

The message is from the front panel

Regards
//Daniel
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi Daniel:

Here are couple of possibilities. There is a known issue for 1/8 G2 Autoloaders where the chassis opening to the tape drive is blocked because the frame is bent. Please read if Customer Advisory c00868841 applies to your issue.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00868841

Second, make sure the firmware in the 1/8 G2 Autoloader is updated to latest version as there were some issues with certain barcode labels for some firmware versions. The latest firmware for the 1/8 G2 Autoloader is 1.80. You can use HP LTT software to update the Autoloader firmware.