StoreEver Tape Storage
1751808 Members
3713 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

1/8 G2 autoloader with Backup Exec 10d

Cindy Woinarowicz

1/8 G2 autoloader with Backup Exec 10d

Backup Exec does not recognize the autoloader, only the tape drive. I can see the autoloader in the Device Manger, and in removable libraries, but in BE it will only recognize the tape drive. I did see a thread that suggested upgrading to 10d, but 10d still doesn't see it. Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Re: 1/8 G2 autoloader with Backup Exec 10d

Hi,

Are you using Windows drivers or Veritas Device drivers for the Autoloader? Backup Exec recommands Veritas device drivers.

Can try deleting the drive from Backup exec, restarting the services, and try re-configuring it again

Hope this document helps http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

Regards

Rajanikant
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

BE 10d requires a driver pack update before it will recognize the library. You should have at least the October 2006 driver pack and newer would be better. There should have been a flyer in the box with the library listing the minimum BE driver pack.
Kim Hall-Jones

Are we still able to access the driver pack if we don't find the one that came with our library on the web somewhere?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

For Backup Exec you always want to go directly to Symantec to get the driver pack. They have it them available on their web site.
Mirza Mustafic

Hello,

I have the same problem with HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader (AH164A) and Symantec Backup Exec 10d.
Is there solution for this?
Controller is LSI Logic PCI-x Ultra320 SCSI.
I downloaded drivers from symamtec website (DDI 20061015), but I can't install it on my HP DL360 server with Windows server 2003 Standard, when I run setup I'm getting error (Red "cross" with info "tion"???)
Please, help me:).

Mirza
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Mirza - The 2006/10/15 BE driver pack is the earliest that supports these libraries but you should probably be loading the latest from Symatec as there were quite a few for 10d after that.

You would have to check with Symantec on your installation problems with the driver pack if the latest driver pack won't install. 10d is pretty old but I think Symantec still offers basic support for it.
Mirza Mustafic

Thank you Curtis for your answer.
So far, the problem is solved - it was trivial: I had problem with internet connection during the downloading drivers, so driver was not complete and it wasn't possible to install it, of course. So, when I finally provided full installation packet, after installing driver and restarting server, my Backup Exec recognized my AH164 like Robotic library:)

Regards,

Mirza