1753338 Members
5217 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

14gb Colorado Backup Device Not Found

CA913131
Occasional Advisor

14gb Colorado Backup Device Not Found

I have been trying to backup my system using the Colorado 14mb external tape drive using "one button backup". However, I get the pop up message that the tape drive ("Device Not Found") is not being found. How do I configure so it sees the tape drive???
Truth must never be sacrificed on the alter of tolerance or under the guise of political correctness
7 REPLIES 7
CA886084
Frequent Advisor

Re: 14gb Colorado Backup Device Not Found

OBDR - One button disaster recovery will not work with any Colorado(Travan) drives - OBDR will work with most DAT and DLT drives but you also have to have compatible hardware.

What backup software with version# and OS are you using?
CA913131
Occasional Advisor

Alex:
I have used the one button back up numerous times with Windows 98 and the same travan Colorado 14 gb tape driveI have now. I have never done a disaster recovery, however, I would back up on a regular basis.

I have the windows ME sw in this computer, I have downloaded the Driver suggested for the Colorado Tape drive and I use winzip for unbottoning my sw etc.

As I am not a hacker, rather just simply a user that is trying to wend his way towards a functional back up system. The one button back up feature showed up on my desktop when I downloaded the driver for this tape drive.

I hope this gives you enough information to help me furthur.

Thanks Chuck Nelson
Truth must never be sacrificed on the alter of tolerance or under the guise of political correctness
CA886084
Frequent Advisor

What backup software are you using? I would recommend that you use Colorado Backup 2 V 9.1 for Windows ME this software will give you the the One button Backup feature and should work - sorry for the last response but I misunderstood your question. Hope this helps
CA886084
Frequent Advisor

Here's the link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US&prodNum=C4447AтМй=English+%28US%29&basePartNum=COL2296&locBasepartNum=co-10418-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+ME&tech=Application
CA913131
Occasional Advisor

Alex:

Sorry to take so long in getting back regarding "Device Not Found". I have been out of town.
I am using Colorado Backup II version 91 dated 2.4.03. this is supposed to be compatible with the Colorado 14 gb tape back up device that I have.

My operating system is Microsoft Windows ME.

Regards,

Chuck Nelson
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Chuck, If you post your email address I may be able to assist you. There are a number of questions that need to be answered and I don't want to fill up the forum. You can always post the solution assuming we find one.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA913131
Occasional Advisor

Dear Lewis Finch:

Again, I have been out of town for a week. My email address is cnelson@usfamily.net, I would welcome some help as I have come to a dead end it seems regarding my system recognizing my tape drive.

Thanks

Chuck