1753383 Members
5886 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

1533 woahs

Jason Miller_2

1533 woahs

I have a 1533 tape drive, and it used to work fine. I unplugged it, and now when I plugged it back in, I can't get the applications to work. I'm using that veritas mybackup program and NTbackup. The tape drive shows up correctly in the device manager, and when I go to the configure devices in the veritas software it shows up there also. But it doesn't show up as a device in the actual veritas software, and in NTbackup, it won't even allow me to catalog a tape. I used the storage works, and it seems to recognize the drive by name, say's the drive needs to be cleaned, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it. The only problem I can see is it say's that NT hasn't claimed the device. Not sure if thats normal or not. I don't know what to do to get this device to appear in the veritas software. It did before I unplugged it, and I haven't changed the setup of the system since then. I attached the ticket if anyone wants to see.

Jason Miller
1 REPLY 1
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: 1533 woahs

Jason,
- check status of Removable Storage Manager service;
- please use HP MRS data tapes C5707A;
- clean drive regularly after every 5 full backups or 20 tape pulling hours;
- DDS2 drive and CDROM drive are SE devices, so all other LVD devices (disks) are forced to work in SE mode. Please use HP recommended controller to connect DAT drive to and split LVD and SE devices http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50063.html
Eugeny