1753797 Members
6887 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 20/700 web based library admin

mark webb_2
Advisor

no hardware changes have been made.All storage equip is working. My backups are working, (when i remember to shut down lt&t) I am running JRE 1.4 . The library never had a personality module & horizon is disabled. I have a serial cable hooked to serial1 & have a cli interface, also have serial io to test port and everything looks correct,but nfs cliet Im not sure about

LMG Async Msg MSG_OPRT Recv'd
Ethernet address: 00:10:4f:00:13:0d
Attached TCP/IP interface to nic unit 0
Attaching network interface lo0... done.
NFS client support not included.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Are you on the 3.95 firmware now?

I think some of the names in the personality module screens changed in more recent code (with 3.95, the setting is called "library admin", whereas it may have been called "horizon" before).

If you want to send your email address to ltt_team@hp.com, we can work through this via email.
The journey IS the reward.
mark webb_2
Advisor

Thanks, I'll do that. The library is offsite so its hard for me to get my hands on it. I will be working on it tonite. Thanks
mark webb_2
Advisor

I have more info now.Personality module is present. type =normal version=0 vendor id=1 vendor name=HP product type=a5597a horizon=disabled scsi vendor=HP scsi product type=a5597a . My notes say that horizon was enabled when I started. Could this be the problem? Can I get a sevice manual? How can I enable the horizon interface? Thanks
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark,

I can escalate this to with the product engineers and vendor, if you would send me your contact info to ltt_team@hp.com (we were migrating outlook servers over the last week and I hadn't had access to the mailbox until today, so I appologize if you had sent it in already, and the mailbox owner did not know to forward it to me).

The horizon (aka the old name for the web interface) should be enabled. What is unusual also is that it says the personality module is present. On my library here it say it is "not present". I believe the web interface is enabled automatically by the HP specific firmware.

Just to be certain, you are using firmware from supplied on the HP website, correct?
mark webb_2
Advisor

Yes I downloaded firmware bundle from your site, ltt_stk_sep03-1. I was also had the understanding that this feature was embeded in the firm, in an enabled state. Thats why this is giving me a migrain. I've been @ our San Jose data center the last 2weeks & will work on it when I get back. Brandon Broderick has been helping me work this out, I will contact him when I get back. Thanks for all the help David!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Thanks for the answers. As you said, it should be enabled. There's not much in the manual about enabling the web interface. It talks mostly about having the personality module installed, but that's for the STK flavor of the product. The personality module should not be required for the HP product.

In the manual it does say the following:

The Horizon L Series Library Monitor is an optional Web-based interface to the library. Its model is HRZN-002, feature code LS4x for the L700 library. If this interface is required, you must enter two values at the operator panel:
* The library's IP address
* The library's Web password

I wonder if web interface is not enabled unless a password is set (perhaps it was lost in the firmware update process). Can you check that?

Regarding the personality module, it says:

The HP A5597 ships with the personality module installed. The HP version of firmware does not require that the personality module be installed in order to enable the Web-
Based Library Administrator

I'm therefore suprised that your library reports the personality module as beinh present.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Could have someone look at the back of the library, and see if there's a module plugged into the port that says "feature module"?
mark webb_2
Advisor

I have a jr admin, and I will see if he has time to get that info for you. With his lack of knowledge I did not want to burden you folks with the task of working through this with him. I will update this thread when I get an answer. Thanks again
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Any update on whether there is a personality module attached?

STK engineering would like to know if you had tried to update to STK firmware (not HP firmware) at any time. The STK firmware will not enable the horizon (web) interface unless the proper personality module is present (whereas the HP firmware enabled the web interface without a personaltiy module). If you had gone back and forth between HP and STK firmware, you have have confused the library as to whether the interface should be enabled.