5982 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

5300 Model tape drive configuration....

Ramana.Sv
Frequent Advisor

5300 Model tape drive configuration....

Hi all,
need Hp-UX system tape Drive Cofiguration diagram any help me....

below are my system details..
a7019c
H/atape awrray
5300 Model
4 REPLIES 4
Murat SULUHAN
Honored Contributor

Re: 5300 Model tape drive configuration....

Hi Ramana

Tape Array 5300 is not tape or tape library or autoloader. It is just an enclosure to mount tape into rack

Please check the following url

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/tapearray5300/index.html

The HP StorageWorks Tape Array 5300 is a 3U rack enclosure that will hold two full-height array modules, four half-height array modules, or one full-height and two half-height modules. These offline hot-swap array modules allow you to replace drives without taking down the server, and the optional upgrade kit provides a redundant hot-swap fan and power supply for even greater availability. The Tape Array 5300 can be configured with four independent SCSI buses connected to four different servers or multiple drives can be daisy chained together through the same host bus adapter. The Tape Array 5300 supports DAT and Ultrium tape drives, plus a DVD+RW array module. With the HP StorageWorks DVD+RW Array Module customers can read and/or write to CD or DVD in addition to tape. The variety and interchangeability of array modules make the Tape Array 5300 a truly flexible solution for use in rack servers and high-availability environments.

Best Regards
Murat
Murat Suluhan
Ramana.Sv
Frequent Advisor

I need Interal Digram for attach the tape, where should i attach and how to mount the tape.....
Murat SULUHAN
Honored Contributor

Hi Ramana

There is no special instructions to mount tape.
If you correctly plug scsi cables and terminators just remove the plastic covers from front side and plug the tape, then you need ioscan.

The main critical issue is correct scsi cabling and terminators

Best Regards
Murat
Murat Suluhan
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The tape array is just an "empty" box with 4 slots. Each slot has a pair of scsi connectors and a switch to assign the scsi address.

Configure the address, connect a cable and a terminator and plug in the device - you are done.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!