1748170 Members
4150 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 6/60

Not applicable

6/60

Hello I have problem with 6/60. After one a hour of backup occure Cannot write to device ([5] I/O error).DLT 7000/8000|Tape Drive Has Host Interface Fault (32)|WARNING |, Tape Drive Has Hardware Fault - Call Help-Line (31)|CRITICAL|. Drive is OK.

6 REPLIES 6
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Did you try backup using a new cartridge? Did you try to clean the drive using a cleaning tape?

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Lubomir, is this Library FC-connected or SCSI-connected? Which HBA do you use? How everything is connected? Which OS do you have installed? Which backup application do you use? Generate Support ticket using HP LTT from http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html and post here
Eugeny
Not applicable

Library is FC conected, HPUX is 11.00.Card Type: Fibre Controller - HVDS.Thanks for next help.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Very good. Do you have 6/60 user's manual to check if back SCSI connection of library are correct and all terminators are in place? Please attach LTT support ticket, 'supportshow' output from brocade switch(es) (if any), description how all are connected and FC HBA driver's version (you can see it from swlist output). Please also check if there are more non-hpux hosts connected. Please make sure you have ONLY ONE path to library (attach ioscan here). If you have more than one path - status polling software may cause backups to fail
Eugeny
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Most probably you have been using your library for quite a while now with your current setup and only had a failure today, correct?

In my eyes, most probably it is a tape drive problem, which needs to be replaced.

Others things to check out for are the link between your FC hub (or switch) and the floor in which the drive is in, the SCSI cable, between the fibrechannel card in your library and the drive, and terminator on the drive (if applicable).

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

If this is the only drive to start causing the problem and you have been using it for a while, suggest you get the faulty drive replaced. They don't last forever.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?