1748250 Members
3266 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A60 error in auotloader

sachin waghmare
Occasional Contributor

A60 error in auotloader

I am getting A60 error in 1/8 autoloader(ultrium 960), not able to even export tape.
4 REPLIES 4
Mirco Bisigato
Occasional Advisor

Have you seen any error into Ultrium Autoloader console (opern with IE)
Your error is same as Mechanical Error but the code error is register into this console
sachin waghmare
Occasional Contributor

yes i have gone through error log provided in symantec backup exec & is as follow

Robotic library hardware error.

The robotic library has reported a general hardware error condition. Manual intervention, calibration, etc., may be required. This may be a device related hardware problem, or it may be some other hardware problem (i.e. SCSI card/bus etc.). The library and drive states have been set to offline. Please attend to this condition.
sachin waghmare
Occasional Contributor

Also now Autoloader goes offline automatically when i run any kind of job such as inventory,export media
thomas rush
Frequent Advisor

I'm not familiar with this error on your hardware, but can suggest what I'd do to try to clear this. I'm wondering if a tape may have gotten out of its slot somehow, or if this is the original 2U-high 1/8 Autoloader, if something has happened to the track mechanism that moves the cartridges around. (ah, yes, it must be, because the new 1/8 G2 only takes the half-height drives, so could not use the U960)

Make sure that your backup application is "turned off" -- if you only have this device, you can stop the services, else at least stop trying to run any backup jobs to the 1/8.

Then load Library and Tape Tools (find the link at http://www.hp.com/go/tape , look for the link under "Value Add Software"). Use L&TT to see where tapes are in the library (is one in the robot already?) and make sure no tapes are in the drive or robot. You can use L&TT to move them to magazine slots. See if L&TT (frontpanel tools) can export a tape. There are some diagnostics that might be helpful; at the very least, you could run a support ticket and forward it to HP.

If the above has not been helpful you want to proceed with looking at possible HW problems, see the following.

Make sure that a tape is not stuck in the robot (the thing that takes the tape from the front slot and puts it in to the magazine or drive)(this should have been handled with L&TT). Then I would see if I could eject both the left and right magazines from the front panel (I believe you need to do them one at a time)(if you can't eject from the front panel, note the errors; depending on what the errors tell you, you might want to manually release the magazines). Make sure that any cartridges are seated properly, remove the cartridges, and then use the geared wheels to gently rotate the cartridge slots in the magazine to make sure it turns freely.

Note: When you re-insert a magazine, the 1/8 will take a while to re-inventory the tape (rather longer if it does not have a bar code reader, or if your tapes are not labeled. Actually, to speed things up, consider re-inserting the magazine *for now* with only one tape in it.).

While you have the magazine out, visually inspect the robot to ensure there is no tape in it.

I'm hoping that the above will help you troubleshoot the 1/8 autoloader.