108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

A6356A driver for Windows 2000 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Mowl
Occasional Contributor

A6356A driver for Windows 2000 Server

I have a 20/700 tape library attached to my Windows 2000 server. Everytime I boot the machine, the new hardware found wizard runs. I can see the tape drives I have attached to this machine, but I can't find a driver for the A6356A (Library Interface Manager). Can anyone help?
6 REPLIES 6
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: A6356A driver for Windows 2000 Server

Steve,

The Interface Manager doesn't need a driver per se, but you will get this message if you have a diagnostic LUN (also called active fabric lun) configured on the blades. If you want to go into the briges via telnet, we could give you some instructions on turning off the active fabric lun. You don't need this lun for normal functions (it's there for things like 3rd party copy).

The issue did not exist until 3.06 firmware which changed the placement of the diagnostic lun from 80/127 down to the next free lun, which windows can now see (I know, more detail than you wanted to know).
The journey IS the reward.
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

David,
I also have a 20/700 and have the exact same problem. Could you please post the instructions for disabling this "feature".

thanks,

Mike B.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Install the attached INF file on your windows 2000 server, and it should no longer ask for a driver.
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

thank you thank you thank you...this has been driving me nuts for almost a year now. You have no idea how much this helps. Everytime I would ask HP about it they would always tell me I am SOL since the library has been discontinued. What really angers me is we purchased the library just 3 months before it went EOL. Not to mention how often this thing munches on tape drives.

ahh..anyway thanks again.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Thought I'd make one other comment - the controller card on the A6356A has a SCSI connection, but that should NOT be connected to the host. It is there only for diagnostic purposes (i.e. for a CE to update firmware).
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> Not to mention how often this thing munches on tape drives.

If you want to follow-up with me offline, I can see if I can help you there. Send your email address to ltt_team@hp.com, and mention this post.