StoreEver Tape Storage
1753764 Members
4125 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AIT-2 Event ID 11 source caitw2i + Intermitenly drive takes 10hours + to backup data

Paul Solly
Occasional Contributor

AIT-2 Event ID 11 source caitw2i + Intermitenly drive takes 10hours + to backup data

As a company we have 5 of these exact systems all show to different degrees problem s with the AIT Drive. The backup software is Veritas Backup Exec ver 8.6 for Windows NT & Windows 2000 server Edition with no options.
This particular machine is intermittently extending the time taken to backup normally 2 hours to backup and verify 20gigs of data, intermittently once a day in the event log for the system Event ID 11 Source CAITW2I and when backing up it gives the following:-
======================================================================
Job server: TVAD-SRVDC1
Job name: TVAD-SRVDC1 Full Backup
Job started: 20 July 2003 at 23:30:01
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX16.txt
======================================================================

Drive and media information from media mount:
Robotic Library Name:
Drive Name: COMPAQ 1
Slot: 0
Media GUID: {78A973E9-371A-43D1-8547-45078EC0BE2F}
Media Label: Monday
Overwrite Protection Time Left: None
Append Time Left: Infinite
Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1

----- TapeAlert Events -----

Warning
Device: COMPAQ 1 (TVAD-SRVDC1)
The tape drive has requested a retentin operation.

Warning
Device: COMPAQ 1 (TVAD-SRVDC1)
The tape drive is having problems reading data. No data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in the performance of the tape.

It then backs up as normal.
When it extends the backup time, there are no open files or apparent lost connections to the SCSI devices.

This particular machine has been in service for about 2 weeks and has steadily been getting worse.
The normal operation of the server is fine and we have had no other incidences with it.

Cleaning tape has been applied this has applied but we still get the tape alerts.
Intermittently when the tape has been retentioned the alert is not displayed for that night.
But eject the tape then reuse it a day later or a new tape the alert is displayed (this is without retentioning the tape).

Any Thoughts on any of the above
Attached is the compac Survey.txt file that details the system.

2 REPLIES 2
Sil_2

Re: AIT-2 Event ID 11 source caitw2i + Intermitenly drive takes 10hours + to backup data

We have the same problem en and the same configuration, server is 2 months old.

Helpdesk_20

Re: AIT-2 Event ID 11 source caitw2i + Intermitenly drive takes 10hours + to backup data

We are having the same issues, hope anyone has an idea