3119 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AIT 35 GB LVD

TomNoack
Occasional Contributor

AIT 35 GB LVD

Hi!

I woke up this morning and my tape drive is not working any longer. I used the tape test utility and during the connectivity test the following entry comes:

Connectivity Test - FAILED.
Please check the configuration of your SCSI Bus, proper termination, proper installation of all required drivers. Then re-run the test.
Test 'Connectivity Test' started on device 'Compaq SDX-300C' at address '0/0.2.0'
Operations Log
Performing Device Self Test
Configuration connectivity test parameters
Verifying device data path via loop-back test
Data miscomparison (offset 0: expected '165', found '0')
Test failed
Failed

What does it mean "data miscomparison"? Do I have a chance to repair my drive?

Thanks,
Tom
Germany
5 REPLIES 5
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Have you powered off and on the device and reboot the server it is attached to? Make sure the SCSI bus has not dropped the device. Before decairing the device dead, I would check the entire chain. Check the SCSI cables and termination (especially the jumpers if it is internal) Check the power cables and such. After all that and the tests still fail, you can send a support tickit using the L&TT to HP and see if they reccomend anything (may take a few days)
If you don't want to wait, call HP for waranty service if it has waranty left.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
TomNoack
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

Thanks.

I will give the support ticket using the L&TT a chance.

Regards,

Tom
Germany
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> What does it mean "data miscomparison"? Do I have a chance to repair my drive?

It means that the connectivity test sent out a test pattern to the device, which the device returned and it did not compare. The failure is somewhere between the HBA, the SCSI cables, the termination, and the device SCSI connections and SCSI chip.

Is this an internal or external drive?

The journey IS the reward.
TomNoack
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

It is an internal drive. I did not change anything from the day before yesterday to yesterday. So I am really frustrated because I need some of the data from the tape media.

Greetings,

Tom
Germany
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> It is an internal drive. I did not change anything from the day before yesterday to yesterday. So I am really frustrated because I need some of the data from the tape media.

It's most likely either the drive or the HBA that went bad. You could try moving it to a different HBA (if you have one).

If the drive is bad and out of warranty, you might be able to find a used AIT-1 drive fairly cheap to restore your tapes.
The journey IS the reward.