StoreEver Tape Storage
1753470 Members
5099 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AIT 50 firmware install

Gmitch

AIT 50 firmware install

I am trying to update the firmware on my AIT 50GB internal drive. I have downloaded the update and the updater tools but not sure where to go from there. I installed the install tools but other than install and finish, I don't know how to access them. What are the procedures from there.

Thanks,

G
5 REPLIES 5
MWills
Valued Contributor

I guess when you say "updater tools" you mean HP Library and Tape Tools.

If you have already downloaded and installed HP LTT, and downloaded the firmware this what you need to do:

1- Run HP LTT.
2- Select "Hardware Scan" for Scane mode, and "NT Miniport" for I/O Mode.
3- Click "Continue"... LTT will start scaning for devices
4- Now click the "By Product" Tab and select the device you want to work with. Next to it you can see the "Drive Information" box where you can see the actual Firmware Revision in that drive.
5- In the top bar clik over the "Firmware" Icon.
6- Go to "Local Firmware Files" tab to make sure the firmware match for your device.
7- Go to "Update Firmware" tab and select the device you want to update firmware to and click browse to go to the firmware you already downloaded.
8- click "Start Update". DO NOT STOP UNTIL IT HAS FINISHED UPDATING.
9- Once the update has finished you can go to the "Firmware Update Results" tab to verify the update was has completed succesfully.

I think I'm not missing a thing. Good Luck
If the flop doesn't fit... go allin!!!
Gmitch

Under the tab "by product" my drive (sdx-500c)appears with a red x through it. Under the "instructions" tab it says "the device is not currently supported" My current driver info says version 1.0.0.6 10/12/2002.
MWills
Valued Contributor

Do you mind to let me know the model number or the spare part number on the drive to see whats the exact model of it?
Gmitch

This server is on a ProLiant DL380. The outside of the unit says AIT 50GB drive. The HP tools app shows a SDX-500c? Does that help?

Thanks,
MWills
Valued Contributor

This is the information I got for this device:

Description: AIT 50-GB Internal (Sony SDX-500C)

Part number:
1.- (Opal) 157766-B21
2.- (AlphaServers only, Top Gun Blue) 3X-SZ50X-LB

If the one you have is the "AlphaServers Only" porbably you will not be able to make it to work in a Proliant DL380 server.

Try to verify that.