108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adic Scalar I2000

Dave Thomson
Super Advisor

Adic Scalar I2000

Morning.

Windows 2000/3 Enviroment.

We have connected the Scalar I2000 to the fabric. I have zoned the device and 1 server - for testing purposes on the Brocade switch.

Situation 1.
Server win 2000 or win 2003.
HBA - Emulex LP9002L -F2
HBA Drivers - HP platform kit
Scalar driver - provided by reseller.
Server boots and finds the Scalar as an unrecognised device. Install the driver. It puts the scalar into the servers system devices ???? I dont see the library, or the 4 drives.

Situation2
Server win 2000 or win 2003.
HBA - Emulex LP9002L -F2
HBA Drivers - Emulex / port or mini port driver
Scalar driver - provided by reseller.
Server boots and finds the Scalar as an unrecognised device. Driver refuses to install - reports it as un recognizable driver.

My question, is their anyone here that uses the Emulex LP9002L -F2 HBA cards in a windows enviroment. I have heard it is not a supported card by HP, as they havent released a HP driver for it ???? funny as it installs from the platform kit.

Any help, or other avenues i should be looking into as the source of my problem would be appreciated.

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The only 3rd party Emulex hba supported for HP tape automation is the LP892. It's covered in the EBS matrix:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/techdoc/ebs/EBSMatrix-0104.pdf

Note, the HBAs listed are only supported with the HP tape libraries listed - the scalar l2000 is obviously not one of them.

You should probably look at ADIC to find out what their supported SW/HBA/SAN solution is for the l2000.

I did a quick look at the ADIC website, but I couldn't find the equivelent of HP's EBS matrix.
The journey IS the reward.
Dave Thomson
Super Advisor

Hello

Thanks for the reply.
The Solution:
The Adic works similar to the EVA or VA storage devices. You have to give the server, via its WWN, access to the library and the drives - luns. This is done on the adic. Each server has to be configured for access.

I have already done a test backup with Data Protector. All that remains is a week or 2 of fine tuning to get the maximum transfer rates out of the drives.

Cheers