5089 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ArcServe Autoloade 8000 HVDS

Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

ArcServe Autoloade 8000 HVDS

Hi All:
I have one Arcserve Sure Store autoloader (8000 HVDS)on my network. It has 09 slots but does not mount all cartrdges, afetr 6th cartridge it stops to mount 7,8 or 9. I would appreciate if someone give me the right solution.

Thanks
17 REPLIES 17
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> after 6th cartridge it stops to mount 7,8 or 9. I would appreciate if someone give me the right solution.

The 1/9 SureStore Autoloader has 6 removable slots (i.e. 6-slot magazine), and 3 fixed internal (or also called rear) slots.

You load the rear slots by removing the magazine and reaching in to load the tapes. To unload tapes from the rear slots you push the tapes in slightly until you hear a click and then they will be pushed partially back out by spring force so you can grab them.

The journey IS the reward.
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi David:
Thanks for the quick response. Actually, I am using this autoloader since last three years but from last three days it gives this problem. The problem is not sensing the remaining three cartridges which are already inserted to these slots.

would appreciate if you could give me the right solution for this problem.

Thanks
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

What version of firmware are you on?

You can use HP L&TT to update to 2.60.

Before updating, generate a support ticket and save it (to a file) to capture the current error logs.
Colette Howe 1
Frequent Advisor

Does your front panel display show media in slots 7, 8 and 9?
Does the middle button show a smilies face?
If not press the button and send results.
does your media have barcode labels?
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mohammad,

Collect an autochanger support ticket with LTT (prior to updating firmware).

You can email it to ltt_team@hp.com, and I'll have the engineers take a look at it.
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi David:
Here is the details of my HP autoloader.
Product Name C7145-8000
Firmware Version: 2.53.0
Drive - 59
While I am using the loader display panel for troublshooting it gives the following message
When I entered in Loader Information, it shows the message UPGRADE THE LIBRARY FIRMWARE.
I would appreciate if you tell me the procedure to collect the LTT tickete and the procedure to upgrade the Firmware version.

Thanks
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi Colette:
No, there is no sign of smiling child and when I mount the cartridges, it only shows the cartridges from 1-6 slot.
An other strange thing is happening. When I insert the cleaning cartridge in slot 7 then it shows all the 09 slots.
Please tell me the reasons, why like this.

Thanks
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mohammad,

I assume you are on a windows host (e.g. winNT, win2000, winXP).

You can download HP Library & Tape Tools from http:/www.hp.com/support/tapetools

Install the LTT software. Stop you backup software services, and then run LTT. The first main screen should discover your product (the autoloader and the drive). Select the autoloader, and then click on the support tool. From there you can "save support ticket to file". This will capture all of the error logs (which get cleared on a firmware update).

Now you are ready to update firmware. Assuming your system is connected to the internet (even through a firewall), you can use the "file -> Get files from web" function. On that screen you can select the autoloader firmware (2.60) and the drive firmware (V86), and download them to you machine. Now you can select the firmware tool, and select the autoloader and drive for firmware update (LTT will automatically select the newer firmware versions). That's about it.

When you have the support ticket, email it to ltt_team@hp.com and mention this thread.

- dave
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mohammad,

Please let us know if you are using bar code labels, or any other kind of label on the tapes. The detection algortihm uses the bar code scanner to identify tape cartridges. If you are not using bar code or any other type of label, you could try inserting a blank label on the tapes to see if they are then recognized.

If you send a support ticket to ltt_team, that will give Colette and I more to go on.

Also, let us know if the 2.60 firmware makes any difference.