108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ArcServe Autoloade 8000 HVDS

Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi David:
Thanks for the followup.
I have upgraded the firmware revision of the DLT Autoloader successfully but the problem is still there.
After upgrading the autoloader firmware revision, again there is a message comes on the top of the dlt loader screen "Loader Partly Available" and same symptoms e.g does not recognize the 7,8 and 9th cartridge.
Kindly suggest the remedy to remove the above mentioned error.

Thanks
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

David:
Sorry I forget to send you the llt ticket. pLease find the attached file. Thanks
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> After upgrading the autoloader firmware revision, again there is a message comes on the top of the dlt loader screen "Loader Partly Available" and same symptoms e.g does not recognize the 7,8 and 9th cartridge.

There are a number of things we need to fix.

First, the autoloader has a partial availablity for firmware mismatch. The Remote Management Card firmware is out-of-date. Either the card was replaced, or the firmware was updated from 2.06 to 2.30+ without going through bridge code (2.26). You should update the autoloader firmware to 2.26, and then back to 2.60. You will need an LTT password to do the 2.26 downgrade. Send your email address to ltt_team@hp.com, and we'll send you a password.

Second, the picker is having brush contact problems. You need to run the "Full Sweep" test (100 passes) to clean off the brush tracks.

Third, as you mentioned the rear slots are not being detected. The autoloader calibration may be off. To reset the position calibration, you should run the 'reset factory defaults' from the front panel. This is under the Admin menu, under change configurations, 'other config options'. After changing the config, power-cycle the unit.

Try that, and let us know what happens. If you still have slot problems, generate a new support ticket.
The journey IS the reward.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mohammad,

We decoded the mechanical logs and the autoloader has no calibration offests for the rear magazine. One guess is that it gets a hard error during the initial calibration. So, running the full sweep test might be the fix if there's a brush problem near the back slots.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mohammad,

Here are final thoughts for the day :-)

> An other strange thing is happening.
> When I insert the cleaning cartridge in slot 7 then it shows all the 09 slots.
> Please tell me the reasons, why like this.

As you mentioned before, you do not use bar code labels. The tapes are very dark, except for the cleaning tape which is off-white. The picker bar code scanner sees the cleaning tape, and knows there are slots. Without barcodes, it cannot see tapes if they are dark in color. The other way it knows there is a magazine (if it doesn't see barcodes or a light colored cartridge) is by looking for a calibration target. This is a little white triangle.

With the front magazine removed and the picker moved to the left (in front of the drive), look to see if there is a white target above slot 7 (nearest the drive). It should look identical to the target on the top right corner of the drive. The target should be white.

Hopefully we've given you enough things to try and also check.

As a workaround, just insert a blank tape label (e.g. the ones that come with the tapes) on the tapes in the rear slots.
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi David:
Thanks for the thoughts you provided. I will definitely apply them and will let you know the results.

Best Regards
Mohammad Sajid
Occasional Advisor

Hi David:
Thanks again, at last I solved the main problem with your hints. Now only Loader Partly message is left. Actually I couldn't get the solution given by you. Would appreciate if you explain it a little.
Thanks again for your best help
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

>Thanks again, at last I solved the main problem with your hints.

Can you recall which step resolved the issue?

> Now only Loader Partly message is left.

I assume you mean "Partial Availability"

Can you generate another support ticket and post the .ltt file?