Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcserve 2000 and DLT7000 goes offline

Bill Yakabachi
Occasional Contributor

Arcserve 2000 and DLT7000 goes offline

I am running Arcserve2000 v7, on NT4 attached to a Exabyte 230D(DLT7000). My problem is when Arcserve reports an unreadable media during inventory it goes offline (loses connection with the DLT7000). I would have to wait until arcserve inventories all the tapes that i selected usually 5-10 tapes then do a clean tape to reconnect to the DLT. Any idea why arcserve and the DLT loses connection. I am running Arcserve2000 with arcserve service pack 4. Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Arcserve 2000 and DLT7000 goes offline

Try updating firmware. I have no clue which utility should you use for device from exabyte...
Eugeny
Flor Herrera
Occasional Visitor

Re: Arcserve 2000 and DLT7000 goes offline

We had the same problem on three servers running Win2K with Arcserve 2000. I down rev'd the arcserve patch to SP3 and that fixed one server.

On the second server I installed a series of post SP4 arcserve patches. Try these patches in this order:
Q020824
Q023824
Q027941
Q028915
Q029368
You can find these at the CA website: http://support.ca.com/Download/patches/asitnt/arc_eng_menu.html

Two questions:
what type of scsi card are you using?
What type of tapes and are these tapes new or used before? I've also had problems with arcserve not liking tapes created by other systems (ie Veritas).

hope that helps.