StoreEver Tape Storage
1753529 Members
5016 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Attaching Compaq 35/70 GB DLT tape external tape drive to HP ML350 G4 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
laurence childs

Attaching Compaq 35/70 GB DLT tape external tape drive to HP ML350 G4 server

I have had to buy a new server to replace our Compaq ML530 as it was starting to fail

the ML530 was our backup server and as such had an internal LTO tape drive and an external 35/70 GB DLT drive (I believe that the unit is actually the Quantum DLT7000)

I think that I need an additional SCSI card fitted to my ML350G4 to allow me to attach this DLT drive to the server.

what I would like to know is what card do I need, HP part number would be helpful.

looking around it may be that the card will be supplied with a 50 pin connector, if so I will need a new SCSI cable as the current one is a 68 pin, again HP part No. would be helpful

TIA

Laurence
3 REPLIES 3
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Attaching Compaq 35/70 GB DLT tape external tape drive to HP ML350 G4 server

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/adapters/singlechannel/index.html

The quickspecs list everything down to what cables there are and part numbers.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
laurence childs

that worked

many thanks
laurence childs

closed