1752572 Members
4590 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Autoloader Mechanical Block Issue

SBailey
Occasional Contributor

Autoloader Mechanical Block Issue

I have a HP 1/8 G2 autoloader and when I tried to load a tape, I get the following error:

Mechanical Block Error 8A 41

I believe there is something wrong with the tape. I was able to get the tape out and I can load other tapes with no problems. It also appears to be performing backups with no problems.

The thing is, the error light on the front of the device is blinking and I'm still seeing the error listed above.

I performed the Wellness Test (with one cycle) and I get no errors in the results.

Is there a way to reset this error?

I'm attaching the support ticket. There are some other errors, which deal with the mail slot being full - this is do to the backup jobs requiring more than one tape.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
1 REPLY 1
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: Autoloader Mechanical Block Issue

I agree it sounds like that may have been an issue with the tape, or maybe even just with the way the tape was in the slot. 8A/41 is an error attempting to pull the tape out of the slot. Most 8A errors are transient and don't really indicate a mechanical failure since 8A is for errors on push/pull and those can happen for lots of things that aren't hardware failures.

Unfortunately the only way to clear the error LED is to power cycle the autoloader.