3535 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Autoloader vs80 1/8

clar_1
Advisor

Autoloader vs80 1/8

Hi all
I'm installing an Autoloader 1/8 vs80 in an Intel server running Windows 2000 with backup software ARCserve 2000 Advanced Edition.I'm able to access/locate Ultrium drive after loading required drivers.My problem is the Robotic ARM / Medium Exchanger driver has to be specified in ARCserve software.Where can i get the driver/device for the robotic arm of Autoloader 1/8 to use in ARCserve.
Thanks & regards
Jai
Nothing is impossible
2 REPLIES 2
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Autoloader vs80 1/8

Jai,
usually for robots under w2k the following installation process is used:
1. go to services and disable RSM service - removable storage manager;
2. reboot;
3. boot machine, go to device manager and make sure there're NO drivers loaded for the robot device;
4. install ARCserve. It should load its own driver.
The key step here is to permanently turn OFF (set it to 'manual') removable storage manager service
Eugeny
Ron Sutton
Advisor

Re: Autoloader vs80 1/8

Hi Jai,

Verify that you see the autoloader on bootup and can see both devices in the Windows device manager. After installing the Advanced Edition you'll need to install the Tape Library Option (TLO) and SP4. All of the drivers are provided by ARCserve. Next configure the autoloader and start up the GUI. You should see the tape drive indented under the autoloader from the device pull down menu. If so you are ready to run a backup.

Ron Sutton