StoreEver Tape Storage
1753543 Members
5539 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Backup tape(RDX) getting ejected automatically after sometime while backup job is not running.

Navo
Frequent Visitor

Backup tape(RDX) getting ejected automatically after sometime while backup job is not running.

Hi,

One of my client server is using Symantec Backup Exec 2015 and HP USB tape drive and RDX for backup.

The issue is that the RDX gets ejected automatically after sometime(1 hour-2 hour, it varies), while backup job is not running. But if RDX is inserted after the backup job starts everything works fine, the tape don't gets ejected and backups are suucessfully completed. The issue occurs when tape is inserted when job is not running and it is occuring for all the tapes. We checked with veritas team and they said Backup Exec is working fine and it is a hardware issue. So we replaced the tape drive with a new one. But still tapes (enough free space available) are getting ejected suddenly after sometime. Please give some possible reasons and solutions for the same.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Shivam1
HPE Pro

Re: Backup tape(RDX) getting ejected automatically after sometime while backup job is not running.

Hi,

1. Is there an error code displayed on the OCP of the store ever post ejection ,if yes kindly providde .

2. Kindly generate abd upload the support ticket using L&TT utility.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Re: Backup tape(RDX) getting ejected automatically after sometime while backup job is not running.

@Shivam1 wrote:

Hi,

1. Is there an error code displayed on the OCP of the store ever post ejection ,if yes kindly providde .

2. Kindly generate abd upload the support ticket using L&TT utility.

Note the question was about RDX, not StoreEver so the L&TT utility isn't of use here. I don't have more information to help but will ask if someone from the RDX team can address your question.