1752379 Members
6170 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C1537A Firmware Download

Jim Mallett
Honored Contributor

C1537A Firmware Download

I've been all over the net and the forums. I have 3 machines with C1537A DDS3 drives. Two of them work fine and one has been historically buggy. I finally got around to downloading the Library & Tape Tools. Two of the tape drives are reporting HP03 firmware, the third which is the buggy one is reporting HP02.

Model: HP9000 L2000

-I thought HP02/HP03/etc... was disk firmware?
-What is the current firmware for the C1537A?
-Where can I download it?

I've seen references to L105 and L111 and I've downloaded the .frm files, but LTT has always told me they are incompatible.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Jim Mallett
Hindsight is 20/20
4 REPLIES 4
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Give these .frm files a try; maybe one of these is the personality you need:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/LTT_HP_C1537A_L907.frm

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/LTT_HP_C1537A_L708.frm

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/LTT_HP_C1537A_L005.frm

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/LTT_COMPAQ_C1537A_L708.frm

All of the above had a date of 05/23/03 which appears to be the latest for this model.

I hope this helps! -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Jim Mallett
Honored Contributor

Thanks John. I had tried a few of those files and they are coming up incompatible. I think because I'm running firmware HP02 I cannot upgrade to the Lxxx firmware without an LTT password to override it. I am in the process of getting that from them now.

I will find the path to that ftp site very helpful going forward though.

Jim
Hindsight is 20/20
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

They tend to post them there prior to announcing the release via customer advisories and certainly well before bundling them up.

G'luck! -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Ed Onaga

Jim,
We have recently run into the same problem and was at a loss to coming up with a resolution. Tried calling support but was referred back to the web site and LTT. If you are or were successful in resolving your issue, can you post the resolution given to you?

Thanks,

Ed Onaga