Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1556D-Restore Problem... BSOD...

SOLVED
Go to solution
firebear88
Occasional Advisor

C1556D-Restore Problem... BSOD...

I have a HP C1556D, I backup with tapeware 6.3 (latest SP) and i run windows 2000 professional with SP4...
When i try to restore after a backup i get to the screen before it starts copying files where it shows the windows 2000 boot screen... and i get the Blue Screen of Death... I get an INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE error.

Over the summer i was able to backup and restore.
The only other thing i could think of was the windows 2000 Sevice pack version...

4 REPLIES
DGH_2
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: C1556D-Restore Problem... BSOD...

Hi
the SP4 contains a lot of bugs, SP3 is better.
what i suggest is to uninstall SP4 if you chhose the option to backup files during the installation, and reinstall SP3.
and test again your restore.
DGH
firebear88
Occasional Advisor

Thank You its working. 10 Points.

I will give another 10 points to anyone that can tell me how to get it working under SP4
DGH_2
Valued Contributor

ok if you want to test i have another suggestion.

- install SP4.
- uninstall tapeware 6.3
- try the ntbackup.

i think the problem is in the compatibility of netware and SP4.

please let me know if this work.
DGH
firebear88
Occasional Advisor

ntbackup does not support OBDR