3889 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C1557A HP Dat24x6e autoloader Win2k and Veritas driver problem

Andrea Pichler

C1557A HP Dat24x6e autoloader Win2k and Veritas driver problem

Hi.
I installed an HP DAT 24x6 autoloader.
The device works with the HP Tape Tools (I can see 2 devices: the drive and the autoloader with LUN 0 and 1).
If I try to load a tape in the drive with the tools all works well. (I also upgraded the firmware to the last version)
I can't use the Autoloader with Veritas BackupExec 9.0. The OS has found the standard drivers and then I installed the veritas drivers. In the device list I see only the Tape drive but not the loader.
I tried with remote storage (I stopped the backup exec serivces), but I recieve the error: Configuration for device Changer0 failed. See the event log.
In the event log is the following error:
Unable to auto-configure library unit Changer0. The current setup of the library unit does not support automatic configuration. You will either have to modify the current setup of the library to adhere to automatic configuration guidelines (if possible) or manually configure the device.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Check 'autoloader option' at its back to be set to 7. Go to services and stop permanently Removable storage manager. Reboot and try using BE to rediscover changer and install drivers
Eugeny
Andrea Pichler

The autoloader option was already set to 7
I tried to stop the Remote storage service and to reinstall the Veritas drivers, but the result is the same. I also found a support article from Veritas wich says to chech if the SCSICharger driver is loaded (at system startup) and this is also ok.
I found also the article http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234637.htm
but I don't performed this steps. Should I do it ?

Thanks
Andrea
Bob_196
Trusted Contributor

Go into the SCSI Bios and confirm that LUN Support is enabled