1748264 Members
3794 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C2954D Dat Drive

Steve Lawrence

C2954D Dat Drive

Howdy folks,

I was recently handed one of these drives as a solution to me not backing up my 'stuff'. It's really old and crusty though, and I can't find anything on HP's docs / support about it anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can find specifications for this hunk 'o plastic, or better still tell me what I'd need to hook it up to a B2000?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Re: C2954D Dat Drive

Hi Steve,

Do you have any other info, such as what the name of the drive is? That part number is *really* old, so I'm having trouble finding any info for it.

Thanks,

Jeff
Steve Lawrence

Hi Jeff,

Sadly not. All I have is a Prod # on the back which reads :

C2954D

I know it's old - And as I said, a bit crusty. I'm assured it worked for it's previous owner though.

----------------------------
Quick break from message editing
----------------------------

Oky. I tried it in a PC with an adaptec 2940 and it identified itself as

HP35480A

Not applicable
Steve Lawrence

Unfortunately...

Not so excellent.

I commend your diligence on searching out available resources.

I lambast HP for the resources supplied. The 'download and driver' section you so forthcomingly provided, includes a single item - a WAV file of the noises I can expect to hear from my tape drive.

That's it.

Furthermore, attempting to pull up a manual for limpy (that's what I'm calling my tape drive) results in the following :

-----------------------------
troubleshoot a problem printable version

manuals - hp 35480a dds-1 drive

There is no technical support information for this product. Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause.

-------------------------------

I consider myself inconvenienced. I'd like to note that without exception this is the standard response to a request for manuals for *ANY* tape drive listed under the support/storage section here.

*sigh*

I still can't get my B-class to see it.

Steve.