StoreEver Tape Storage
1752799 Members
6244 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7748CB Software driver for Windows 2003

Rudy Setiawan

C7748CB Software driver for Windows 2003

I am trying to install a HP ultrium LTO Generation 1 and apparently the Windows 2003 only sees it as a RAID controller or I may be wrong?

HP C7748CB HP 1/9 Ultrium LTO-1 LVD

I could not find the software driver for it.
Anyone can help that will be great.

Thank you.

Rudy
7 REPLIES 7
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: C7748CB Software driver for Windows 2003

sounds like you have it connected to a RAID controller which isn't a good idea. If not, what HBA are you using? Library and Tape Tools diagnostic can help you as well.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Dave Farrington
Frequent Advisor

Hey Rudy
i agree with Lewis, sounds like its connected to a RAID. Slide into Device Manager and click on the SCSI adapters section to see whats currently in the system. With a little more information we can get this unit working for you for sure. If you are going to use a third party back up software, then you will need to ensure the drivers provided by the software are on the drive.

Regards,
Dave
Rudy Setiawan

thanks for the quick reply.
I did install the diagnostic tool and it could only see the RAID controller.

I have attached a picture of the Device Manager and I am using Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 Ultra 160SCSI to connect the LTO.

Does HP have a specific driver for it? Currently I am using BackupExec 9.0 to do all of the backup. and also I have a SATA RAID in the server too. Conflicts between them?

Thanks a bunch.
Rudy
Rudy Setiawan

The program HP L&TT does not detect any Autoloader device at all also.

Let me try something from the BIOS to see if it's see any device externally.

Regards,
Rudy
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

I would guess that you got this used from someplace. If you don't see 2 SCSI ID's on POST something may be wrong with it. Try running LTT again but disable removeable storage service and any back ups sevices as well before you do it
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Dave Farrington
Frequent Advisor

Definitly check your SCSI BIOS to ensure it is going to detect both the drive and the autoloader. Are you able to do any tests at all on the drive itself via L&TT?
Erwin Suparno

The same problem above. Windows/SCSI host can't detect the presence of the device (autoloader 1/9) even in SCSI BIOS screen.

What could be wrong?

I am using Windows 2k3 and adaptec AHA-2940UW as described in compatibility list for the device.

Is there a driver specifically for windows machine not bundled in HP software package?

I need the service password to reset the device. How do I acquire it?

Thanks for your help.