StoreEver Tape Storage
1748137 Members
3581 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CB2 reports "No Devices Found"

CA1043842

CB2 reports "No Devices Found"

I am trying to restore files from a bunch of QIC80 tapes using Colorado Backup 8.0 which is not able to see my tape drive ("No Devices Found"). I have:

Hardware: Colorado Jumbo 350, no FC10/20, 3M DC2120 tapes, Pentium II/333 MHz, 384 MB RAM, 4 GB NTFS boot partition with 75% free space.

Software: Windows NT 4.0.6a Workstation, IE 6 SP 1, Colorado Backup v8.0 build LTO 240B16C, QIC117.sys v4.00.

NTBackup recognizes the hardware and I am able to retention, format, backup with verify and restore with verify without problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: CB2 reports "No Devices Found"

Hi Andrew, you didn't mention what software you used to back up to these tapes. If it is critical you get this data back, these people can tell you if there is anything that can be recovered.

http://www.vogon-international.com
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA1043842

Re: CB2 reports "No Devices Found"

The software was Colorado Backup. I don't remember if it was DOS or Windows or the version (I'm not in front of the machine at this moment).

As I am able to retrieve/restore the files using the DOS backup utility (floppy50.exe from www.hp.com), this is now a matter of getting it to work with WNT4.