Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

KC_3
Occasional Advisor

CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

I have Colorado 8GB External Travan Drives with which I've used CBII Ver. 6.0 very successfully for several years. When I first acquired/installed them, the printers would feed a blank sheet on every reboot. HP Tech advised me to add "_HP" suffix to the drvwppqt.vxd file in the System/IOSUBSYS folder, i.e., "drvwppqt.vxd_HP." That resolved the problem.

However, I have now installed Ver. 9.1 and once again am having that printer feed problem. The "_HP" renaming is now ineffective. I've read HP's Article lpg13219 regarding this issue, but it seems to provide contradictory information.

I assume there is a simple solution, similar to that "_HP" renaming of drvwppqt.vxd for Ver. 6.0, but can't seem to find the fix for Ver. 9.1.

Hopefully, someone has experienced this with Ver. 9.1 and knows the answer(?)

lpg13219
2 REPLIES
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

KC:

Consider upgrading to Veritas version. Info available at the following link:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg10065.html

Good luck,

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
KC_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

Thanks for your reply, Roger. Unfortunately, Veritas HP CBII Version 9.1 *is* what I have installed, and that's when the printer feed problem came back up again.

With the prior CBII Ver. 6.0, that problem was resolved by just renaming drvwppqt.vxd to drvwppqt.vxd_HP. That worked just fine for the past 2 - 3 years, but is ineffective now with Ver. 9.1.

Would appreciate further guidance/info. There has to be a solution somewhere.....