StoreEver Tape Storage
1748246 Members
3493 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Can ltfscopy handle UNICODE in a holder name or in a file name , completely ?

kawamoto76
Occasional Contributor

Can ltfscopy handle UNICODE in a holder name or in a file name , completely ?

I am using hp StoreOpen Software 3.4.2 on windows 10 pro(64bit).
As names of allmost holders and files, I use Kanji(Japanese) with UNICODE character set.
StoreOpen acts well by using windows explorer. I can backup or restore files using windows explorer.
There is a problem !
As to normal operation in windows,  differently from UNIX or LINUX, file dates will not be kept
when windows explorer is used for copying or moving files.
It seems that caused from StoreOpen specification, when I would backup files into a tape, an
 original date of file would be replaced with that of operated(archived).
On the otherhand, when I would restore files from the tape into HDD, the file date would be kept.
Referring to the manual,  "ltfscopy" with option "-t" seems to give us a way to keep file date
 in backup operation. However it will fail (hung up) in allmost cases.
In addition, in a case without "-t" option  "ltfscopy" will be aborted when met specific
 UNICODE character among filename. Maybe, some UNICODE characters are harmful  for StoreOpen's operation.
From experiences abort, I supporse that the reason of hungup with "-t" is derived from a bug of StoreOpen when UNICODE hundled.
I expect that this bug will be fixed at the next update of StoreOpen.

1 REPLY 1
kawamoto76
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can ltfscopy handle UNICODE in a holder name or in a file name , completely ?

Correction:

As to normal operation in windows,  differently from UNIX or LINUX, file dates will  be kept
when windows explorer is used for copying or moving files.