1752812 Members
5965 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't open door HP 718

Denis_30
Occasional Contributor

Can't open door HP 718

I have problems with my SureStore 718 Autoloader.

I can't open the door. It always says that secure is enabled even if i set secure to off.

What could be the problem.

Thanks,
Denis
4 REPLIES 4
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't open door HP 718

If you are attached to a SCSI bus the host may be setting prevent media removal so clearing it from the front panel doesn't work since SCSI will overwrite that.

There are also two levels of security. I can't recall if there is a difference in the front panel message. If security is set on the autoloader the front panel config should turn it off. Security can be set on the drive also and if a tape is in the drive and security is on the the autoloader can't unload the drive which is a requirement for opening the door.

If you can't find any other way there are two different overrides on the door lock. Under the ADMIN menu there is an "Override Door" option which will allow opening the door with a tape in the drive. In the TEST menu there is a "UNLOCK DOOR" which will allow the door to open regardless of tape in drive or security settings.
Denis_30
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Curtis for replay.

Till now I was using this test method for opening door.

I have also tryed with other methods like overriding door but no success. It always says that security is enabled.. can't open door.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

To confirm:

- The drive is empty

- "RELEASE DOOR" reports "SECURITY ENABLED"

Have you tried "SET DEFAULT CONFIGS" under the "CONFIG" menu? That should reset all of the library except the drive back to factory defaults. If some config got set causing the security settings to be retained longer than they should this will clear it. Make certain you note the SCSI ID so you can reset it if it isn't the default (6 - autoloader, 5 - drive).
Denis_30
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for help.

I run SET DEFAULT CONFIGS. Then i set previous values of SCSI ID's and now it works fine.