5003 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't see tape library (but can see drives) in Arcserve2k

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Can't see tape library (but can see drives) in Arcserve2k

NT4.0 SP6a running Arcserve 2000 SP2 w/ tape library option

I am seeing the drives in my TL891DLX tape library but not the tape library itself, so I cannot configure it in Arcserve. On the Assign Devices step of the Device Configuration Wizard, the library does not appear on the left hand side, it is completely empty, however the 2 drives that are contained in the library appear on the right.

I have verified proper termination, the SCSI card is installed properly using the most current SSD 2.19a, and the firmware on the TL891DLX is higher than the one listed on the Arcserve site for certified devices. SCSI ID's are 0 (for the robotics), 4 (for DLT0), and 5 (for DLT1). Those are the defaults. I am really stumped, and Arcserve tech support was very dissapointing.

Thanks for any help,

-Mike
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't see tape library (but can see drives) in Arcserve2k

Ok, I feel like an idiot. I thought about everything for awhile and then went to check my cabling config one last time before committing hari kari, and lo and behold I didn't have anything plugged into the "LIBRARY" ports. No idea how I missed that, but after plugging into that and installing another jumper everything came up just fine. Sorry to waste your time if you read all this.

-Mike