StoreEver Tape Storage

Can't start jobs with HP Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1

Sanlo_Macedo

Can't start jobs with HP Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1

Hello,

Im currently using Hp data protector express to backup my company´s database.

the problem is that I can't start any jobs with it (it stays at "starting hosts" forever).

Im also not able to select the files I need to backup most of the times.

I'm suspecting that the problem may be related to the fact that the data protector is installed on the database server (Windows server 2008 R2, with consumes 95% of its physical memory).

What else could be causing this problem?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't start jobs with HP Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1

Hi Sanlo,

the actual problem is Data Protector express 3.x doesn't support windows 2008 and that's the reason you are not able to use the application. Windows 2008 R2 is supported from DPX 5.x and above.

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
AVillar

Hi Raj, I have the same problem that Sanlo, but the Data Protector Express 3.50 Sp2 is running on Windows 2003 Server Stardard R2 Sp2. The difference is that I leave running for one day about, the jobs starts and backup done.

Example: the job must run on monday at 9:00pm. At this moment, the job start, but the message in "state" is "starting host",  this message remain to tuesday about at 11:00am. (the time is random).

Can you help me?

Regards

AVillar

Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hi Avillar,

sorry but i don't have an answer right away. will need to look at the configuration to understand the situation better and help you fix it. please go ahead and contact HP support. you can take my refference for further proceedings

regards

Rajanikant

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!