1748185 Members
3946 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot Uninstall Tapeware

Greg Shakeshaft
Occasional Contributor

Cannot Uninstall Tapeware

I apologise if this is the incorrect forum to post my question but I couldn't spot one relating to Tapeware. I have version 6.0 of tapeware and wish to remove it from my system however when I attempt a removal I get a message box advising me that I need to close Tapeware Service from the file menu first. Unfortunately, I do not have a this option in file menu or any other menu. Please can you advise me how I may be able to shut down this process by any other means. I am in a continuous loop at the moment. I cannot remove Tapeware or re-install it until the programs install manager is happy the service is not running.
Desperate for knowledge
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,
If you have selected to start Tapeware as a services, you can go through the controll panel of windows and go to services. in the list you will see something related to tapeware.

Select it and stop it, you can also set it as disabled.

or if tapeware is not started as a service, try in the task manager and shutdown any process refered to tapeware
Greg Shakeshaft
Occasional Contributor

I have already tried to switch off the service by using the System Configuration Utility. I've disabled every no-microsoft utility on the services tab and every application on the startup tab but with no success. I do not have access to any Tapeware files through contro; panel. By the way I meant to say that my version number is 6.02 and to make matters worse I seem to have corrupted the program now as when I try to boot it I get an error message 46 (service not found)
Please can someone help me :-(
Desperate for knowledge
Allan_24
Regular Advisor

Try this,..

1. reinstall tapeware(revive it as is)
2. then uninstall it using tape GUI based setup. (don't use windows based)

where?

Start/programs/Tapeware/Tapeware Setup

you will find "Tapeware Installation Manager" then follow instruction for removing tapeware on your system.

3. reboot your system

4. restart "Removable Storage Manager"
services.

Hope this helps @@,

"You should be working"
Greg Shakeshaft
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your helpful advice. I have actually given up trying all the options. I could not even re-install Tapeware as you suggested as the install program was telling me that the service was running and needed to be stopped. I actually managed to locate when I first installed it on my system and did system restore to remove it that way.
Needless to say it is now re-installed correctly but I now get information from my backups that Disaster Recovery is not working. So I've obviously corrupted something.
Cheers, Greg
Desperate for knowledge