1752725 Members
5526 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot format Current media for use with LTFS

triturbo
Occasional Contributor

Cannot format Current media for use with LTFS

I'm getting this error in the HPE LTFS Configuration tool when I'm trying to format my cartridges to LTFS. I'm using Ultrium 3000 with a freshly opened pack of 5 HP LTO-5 cartridges. (C7975A). Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @triturbo,

What is the error you are getting? Can you paste the error message or screenshot?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

triturbo
Occasional Contributor

Hello, Srinivas 

Here's a screenshot of the error:

Error.jpg

Thank you for your time and input!

Regards, Dimitar

sbhat09
HPE Pro

@triturbo My Apologies. My understanding is limited to English and a couple of Indian languages. Can you please help me to understand that please?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

triturbo
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I have no idea what's written as well. There's no way to copy it and translate it either, so I'm at a loss. Thank you for your time.

NarayanKK-SO
HPE Pro

@triturbo,

The error looks more of an issue with the Tape. If you have bought a batch of them, let us know if you have tried a diff media from that bunch. If yes, then try getting a replacement of 1 tape for testing and test it. Also to check if the tape is good. Run LTT Drive assessment test and also a read & write test on any of those tapes and that should tell us which HW is causing it (Tape or the Drive)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise] Accept or Kudo