1752660 Members
6065 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot see MSL 5000 in W2K server through M2402 Router

Graham McCarthy

Cannot see MSL 5000 in W2K server through M2402 Router

Hi There !

I am running Win2K Server Sp3 on a Compaq 1850R with 1GB Ram. It is connected to a HP m2402 FC Router via 2 FCA 2101 HBA aqnd onto a MSL5000 via scsi. It is setup as 1 host, 2 Drives as per the installation manual. I am running Brightstor (Arcserve) V9. The problem is that it appears that there is connectivity between the Server and Router at 1GB/s and the Router has identified the Library and both drives through it's SCSI module. However the Server cannot see through the router to the Library. In Device manager there are no conflicts or bogey drivers etc. Arcserves Device Config cannot see any library or drives to assign either. Anybody have a similiar problem and solution ?

Thanks in advance,

Graham.

3 REPLIES 3
Vladimir Vybiral
Valued Contributor

Hello, there could be several reasons for the behavior.
1. device power on sequence
should be Lib, Switch, MDR
2. lun masking on MDR device
connect to M2402, check visible devices and perform a rescan of scsi, then revert to default lun Mapping (I am sorry, do not remember the commands for doing so)
3. something else...

a nice day, Vladimir
When speaking, Your words should sound better than Your silence - Arabic proverb
Saulius_1
Frequent Advisor

What about mapping ? Do you have correct WWN<->MDR LUN mapping in the MDR?

And what about devices in W2k device manager ? Do you see MDR as device ? Tapes ? Changer ?

I have few quite the same configurations, and both are working fine (at least under windows).

Saulius
Graham McCarthy

Hi!

Got it sorted. We set the following settings:
Port Mode from N_Port to Auto Sense
Performance from 1GB to 2GB/s
Map Setting from Indexed to Auto Assigned
Discovery Mode to Auto Discovery on Link up Events

Done.
Thanks for the responses.

Graham.