1752579 Members
4104 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changer not properly recognized and configured

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Changer not properly recognized and configured

I keep receiving a messenger alert from the backup server stating the Changer0 is not configured properly. I have 2 events stating the following: "Automatic Configuration for library Changer0 failed to configure DriveBay ). The driver for the device in this bay is not properly loaded" and "Unable to auto-configure library unit Changer0. The current setup of the library unit does not support automatic configuration. You will either have to modify the current setup of the library to adhere to automatic configuration guidelines (if possible) or manually configure the device."

I have loaded SP19781.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Checkout MS Technet Article Q256986
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Our system uses a Compaq TL895 library with Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Veritas Backup Exec. All devices are installed with Veritas drivers. During the Veritas installation we selected to have the Veritas software take full control of the tape library. We were receiving the same error and resolved the issue by disabling the Removable Storage service.
Andreas Wanski
Regular Advisor

In the OmniBack II (my backup software) docu, I can found a tip:

- disable only all library tape drives (not uninstall!), in w2k hardware monitor. You can found it by rigth click on icon my computer, properties (admin rights!)

After this, reboot the machine and re-configure your tape target scsi adresses in your backup software.
Best Regards