1752617 Members
4388 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changer not recognized

Michael Paschke
Occasional Contributor

Changer not recognized

I have a SureStore Dat 24x6 connected to an HP Netserver LH3. While it was running Netware 5.1 sp6 and Arcserve 9 the changer and backups worked fine. However when I upgraded to Netware 6.5 the changer was not recognized anymore. I re-installed Arcserve 9 and applied the latest service pack for Arcserve and changer is still not recognized. I also looked at the startup.ncf, and found that LUN_ENABLE=FF was commented out on the AH2940 line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

You will need SCSI LUN support enabled (the changer is LUN 1, the drive is LUN 0 [which is visable without LUN support enabled]).
The journey IS the reward.
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

I know that for Dat 40x6 this combination of tape drive and operating system is not supported, but not sure about the Dat 24x6

see compatibility page
http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/compatibility/tapebackup/software/index.html

Try going into the SCSI Bios for the AHA2940
Card, and Make sure Lun support is enabled for the Drive SCSI ID, and check Scsi disk utility and see if you can scan and see tape drive.

Also some on the side addition recommendation is to make sure the Scsi card connected on the first or the 2nd PCI slot on the board
Michael Paschke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the information. Where exactly is this set. I already have BIOS multiple LUN support enabled in the SCSI Bios.