StoreEver Tape Storage
1748213 Members
3041 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Colorado 5GB Internal

Fred Davis_2

Colorado 5GB Internal

I cannot get this tape drive to work with WIN98SE. I am using Colorado Backup II v6.0 and have also tried the download version of Backup MyPC from STOMP (appears to be the same or very similar program).

Tape drive is configured as Master on Secondary IDE - no Slave present. I am unable to read/write to this device. Retension works fine but any read/write operation results in invalid media error message.

Drive is not seen at boot time when BIOS identifies HD and CD-ROM, but windows does recognise the tape drive in Hardware List and says it is working OK. There is also a SCSI epat device that is not working correctly that was not present before installing CBII software. (Could be just a distraction - I don't know)

Drive is installed in a dual boot machine and works fine under LINUX.

I have loaded the latest IDE drivers I can find for my motherboard (PCChips M571), and upgraded the drive to v2.08 firmware.

Can anyone suggest a course of action to determine whether or not this device is ever going to work with WIN98.

Thanks,
Fred
2 REPLIES 2
Joey Jackson
Frequent Advisor

Hi Fred,

If the tape drive is seen then you've loaded the drivers. You can check the website to see if there's newer ones and/or firmware updates. Download the diagnostic tool called Tapediag.exe found under drivers and support for that drive at http://www.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.html

Unzip tape diag to a folder and see what it says.

BTW, what kind of media are you using with the drive.

--Joey
Every Day is a Good Day
Carmen Juergens
Advisor

Hello ,
you find a upgrade to colorado backup on the support sites of HP, there you can download the CBII 9.0 and 9.1.
It doesen??t matter witch drive it is!
Lokk on website and look under the OS you have!http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=C4405A%2CC4406A%2CC4409A&prodName=hp+colorado+14GB+internal+travan+drive&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=63934&prodTypeId=12169

Please install first the software under Win98SE!!thats importend for the driver , the tape driver later use!

Greets Carmen

Carmen Juergens