StoreEver Tape Storage
1752815 Members
6273 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Colorado 5GB to 8GB upgrade stalls

CA1175073

Colorado 5GB to 8GB upgrade stalls

I'm trying to upgrade my Colorado 5GB to 8GB but have hit a snag. I've got the upgrade software on CD as well as a blank 8GB tape. When I try to run the upgrade I get as far as the screen that says "Please insert the HP data cartridge that came with your upgrade kit into the tape drive and then press to continue." I didn't get the kit (it's no longer available) but downloaded the software from the HP website. I put in a blank 8GB tape and clicked OK and the HP Upgrade Kit screen with the progress bar comes up, but it never progresses. It just sits there for hours doing nothing.

It appears that it is using the CPU as the mouse pointer movement becomes very slow and jerky.

I'm running Windows 98 SE.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why it might be hanging up?
2 REPLIES 2
CA1178124

Re: Colorado 5GB to 8GB upgrade stalls

I have upgraded 4 of these devices using the same method you are using ie downloaded the upgrade software and burnt to CD. I'd try reburning the CD to see if the problem lies there.
CA1175073

Re: Colorado 5GB to 8GB upgrade stalls

Problem solved. I've developed the bad habit of not stopping all running programs when installing or upgrading. There was a conflict with something running in the background. Once I stopped everything but systray and explorer the upgrade worked fine.